Before it’s Too Late – Warning Signs You Need Furnace Repair
One thing you don’t want to be without on a cold winter night is your furnace. So don’t wait until your furnace stops working completely to think about repairing it. There are many warning signs you can be on alert for, so you can keep any small problems from turning into major ones. Keep your family warm this winter with timely furnace repair.
What are the signs that you might need furnace repair?
- Weird sounds: The most common sign that you need furnace repair is when you start hearing strange sounds like whining, banging or creaking.
- Not being able to bump the heat up: If you turn up the thermostat a couple degrees but it doesn’t really seem to make a difference to the inside temperature, have your system checked by a professional.
- Yellow pilot light: Your pilot light should be blue.
- Condensation inside windows: While you may get interior condensation at times, frequent condensation may indicate a problem.
- Health problems: If your family experiences an increase in illnesses or worsening asthma or allergy symptoms, your furnace needs to be checked because it can spread irritants like mold and dust in your home.
The average lifespan of a furnace is 15-20 years. Once your furnace is 15 years old or more, you will want to consider replacing the furnace rather than repairing it. Also, if you have needed furnace repair multiple times in a 2-year period, you may want to consider replacing the unit rather than repairing it.